West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Quesnel IT team has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
(Student Term Position)
The IT team at West Fraser is continuing to grow, with multiple locations, we are larger than many start ups! We are implementing new technology and looking for students who are interested in a full time long-term career with us, after graduation.
As a student in a four month Intermediate Sharepoint/.NET Developer role with West Fraser, you will be working with clients and colleagues to automate business processes and support software. You will be required to participate in various roles of the development lifecycle, such as requirements gathering, architecture, design and user testing. You will also be required to be self-disciplined and adaptive to meet the deadlines for your projects.
- Develop Sharepoint one page applications as directed by the Lead developer
- Quality Testing and UAT Script creation
- Following development standards
- Follow Change Control Procedures to apply development into production
- Ensure all code is properly documented and checked into source control
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Post-secondary information technology program
- Ability to demonstrate superior written and verbal English communication skills
- Very knowledgeable of the Microsoft .NET framework
- Proven experience providing professional consulting to clients
- Proven ability to work on teams and collaborate successfully using a project process (Agile preferred)
- Able to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
Considered a strong asset:
- Microsoft developer certification
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience with Mobile development
- At least 1-3 years professional experience working with Visual Studio, ASP.NET and C#
- At least 6 months experience using jQuery, MVC and WCF
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.