West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Information Technology group in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for a:
West Fraser has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to begin a career in cyber security as a Junior Cyber Security Analyst. This position will require no prior knowledge of computer security although a keen interest in computers is essential. We are looking for a highly motivated, quick learning individual who will be able to take advantage of both on the job training and a professional development program.
As part of West Fraser’s Corporate Security group, the Junior Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for cybersecurity alert handling, triage, response, and conducting initial investigations. Additionally, the Cybersecurity Analyst will work with other team members to contain, remediate, participate in root cause analysis and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Timely response and triaging of security incidents forwarded from West Fraser’s Customer Service Desk
- Timely response to severe, urgent, and high probability security incidents forwarded from West Fraser’s security monitoring tools
- Work closely with other members of the Corporate Security team to triage all security incidents
- Support the other major IT department groups on both reactive and proactive security remediation tasks and projects
- Participate in performing and reporting on threat risk assessments for West Frasers IT and Operational Technologies systems as directed
- Identify opportunities for improving our security posture and automation whenever possible
- Must be highly adaptable, with ability to quickly process complex information and identify appropriate actions
- Must be able to learn multiple complex, technical concepts in parallel and be enthused in doing so
- Must be able to form excellent working relationships with immediate team members to get the full benefit of their expertise and support
- No prior experience in a computer security role is required. However, you must be able to demonstrate a keen interest and awareness of the field.
- Knowledge of enterprise windows and linux networks is an asset.
- The ability to script in any language is an asset.
- Being able to demonstrate a passion for IT in your spare time is an asset.
This position may require occasional travel within Canada and the United States of America as well as, travel requiring a valid driver’s license. Work coverage includes occasional after-hours coverage to respond to urgent or severe security incidents.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.