West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp division in Hinton, AB, has an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, diagnosing, and performing maintenance work on machinery
- Participation in preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Reading blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment
- Utilizing knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings and hydraulics
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or AB Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Heavy industrial experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as required
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.