West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward- leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following positions:
JOURNEYMAN HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
Specific duties include:
- Execute maintenance inspections and repairs on heavy and auxiliary equipment, and run maintenance repairs on our equipment, including troubleshooting and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records
- Actively participate in Hinton Pulp safety program
- Determining the extent of repair required
- Adjusting equipment and repairing and/or replacing defective parts
- Cleaning and performing other maintenance work
- Servicing attachments and working tools
The successful candidate will possess:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or Interprovincial certificate from a recognized institution; Journeyman Automotive Technician may be considered
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of three (3) years’ previous heavy industry experience
- Experience with various equipment including Case, Komatsu, John Deere and Linde
- Good interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with computers to retrieve data for equipment maintenance
- Proven safety record and the utmost attention to maintain the safe operations of equipment
- Experience with welding
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.