West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and has been rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an opportunity in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for a:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and code of functional programs and applications. The JD Edwards Developer will assist with the ongoing assessment & development of necessary interfaces and reports. As an Oracle specialist you will leverage your proven JDE technical skills and development experience to deliver technical support across all the various JDE modules. You will utilize your demonstrated ability to liaise with our various business units to define the development requirements and then develop the solution.
- Work within, evolve and promote the established software development lifecycle practices and standard frameworks
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and established standards
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and developers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Participate in the design, development, maintenance and delivery of software applications training programs, user manuals, and guidelines
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and end users
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution in the IT service desk system
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members
- Develop new reports and interfaces in support of our existing JDE and OBIEE implementation.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and modifying JDE code to support the JD Edwards Enterprise One (E1) as well as other bolt-on applications.
- Developing custom JDE E1 applications from high-level business specifications provided by E1 Business Analysts using the JDE E1 Tools 8.98 / 9.1 or other development tools.
- Developing and executing test plans in conjunction with E1 Business Analyst for new / modified business processes.
- Building; Promoting and Deploying JDE E1 Packages.
- Monitoring and Supporting Interfaces and Integrations with JDE E1 and 3rd Party Bolt-On Applications.
- Interacting with internal end-user clients; external IT Service Providers; external 3rd Party Bolt-On Suppliers.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of CNC, Package builds, promotions and deployment. Starting and stopping of JDE Services. Executing System/Server Reboot.
- Knowledge of JDE Enterprise One Security Administration.
- Advanced ability to design/program/code UBEs, Applications and Table Conversions utilizing the Enterprise One Toolset.
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in systems integration around interface design, data conversion and solution architecture
- Experience with Sales Order Master Business Functions
- Experience with JD Edwards development tools (Report Design Aid, Form Design Aid, Object Management Workbench, C Business Functions, Master Business Functions, interfaces, EDI and data conversions using Z-files)
- Completed at least one full life cycle implementation/upgrade of EnterpriseOne.
- Knowledge of Enterprise One Data Interface for EDI
- Ability to debug Enterprise One “C” Business Functions and to make modifications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise One Data Interface for EDI.
- Functional and Programming knowledge of Distribution (Sales Order Processing, Purchasing, Inventory)
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills combined with the ability to debug operational and system issues with minimal direction.
- Ability to lead or manage a remote development team, experience with onsite-offshore model
- Experience in API-related technologies: authentication patterns, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, HTTP
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This position will require regular travel between the Company’s sales offices in Quesnel, BC, Vancouver, BC, and Memphis, TN.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.