West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our Manning Forest Products Division has an opportunity for a highly motivated:
As a member of the maintenance team this individual will perform daily troubleshooting, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Trouble shooting in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening, weekend and graveyard shifts
- Strong working knowledge of sawmill & planer maintenance will be an asset
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located 99 kilometers from Peace River and approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning and its surrounding area is a paradise for fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.