West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Quesnel Plywood division has an opportunity for an:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the preferred candidate is an Industrial Electrician with a good understanding of process systems, PLC Controls, HMI Programming, and motor control systems. Attention to safety and efficiency is a must. Good interpersonal and communication skills are also required to work in our team environment.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on all manufacturing equipment programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications
- Repairing and replacing as necessary, electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Controlling downtime by continual improvement on all plywood manufacturing equipment.
- Preparing electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Making recommendations as necessary for improvements
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Maintaining documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority
- Performing systematic quality checks on all work performed
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial, Journeyperson electrical certification with Instrumentation experience
- Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics
- Electrical aptitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work days, afternoons, graveyard and weekend shifts
- Leadership qualities
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a plywood, or with forest products experience would be preferred.
- Instrumentation Experience on Fisher Control Valves, Flow and Temperature Transmitters, Delta V DCS.
- A Red Seal Certificate.
- A thorough understanding of Allen Bradley Servo Drives, VFD, AC, DC Drives, HMI programming PLC 5, Control logix PLCs and hydraulics systems.
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities. We are committed to environmental excellence, workplace safety and sustaining operating leadership through profitability and continued investments.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia, offering affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community. The community is also approximately 1 hour south of Prince George B.C.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.