Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join our team. Our Corporate Human Resources team located in Quesnel, BC is currently looking for an exceptional:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This is a HR Generalist position focused on Employee/Labour Relations and People Development. The successful applicant will work as part of a tight knit team of professionals supporting operations staff across BC and Alberta.
- Provide Employee/Labour Relations advice and guidance to ensure the consistent and uniform application of policies and interpretation of collective agreements
- Analyzes complex data from multiple sources and make sound recommendations
- Provides consistent interpretation, advice and counsel to support effective resolution of a wide range of complex people management issues
- Recommends, creates, implements and maintains various tools and resources to assist in increasing the human resources capabilities of the organization
- Develop relationships and strategies to assist Divisional recruitment efforts
- Researches and analyzes emerging trends and makes recommendations to proactively enhance employee and labour relations
- Supports the introduction of new programs, policies and practices that improve and enhance the workplace
- Labour Relations including participating in collective bargaining, grievance handling and arbitrations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with six (6) to eight (8) years related work experience
- Completion of, or working towards CPHR designation
- Labour relations experience including negotiating, problem solving and grievance processing
- Excellent organizational and creative problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to analyze complex data from various sources and make sound recommendations
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to collaborate, negotiate, facilitate and resolve conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues in a confidential manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.