West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years. Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business?
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong organization and interpersonal skills to fill the position of:
Human Resources Assistant
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator, this position is primarily responsible for providing recruitment support and service to the mill. This is an exciting opportunity to gain practical HR experience with the ultimate goal of advancing into more senior HR roles within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate full-cycle recruitment of all roles, from job postings to offer letters.
- Manage our internal hourly job bid system.
- Ensure our systems and processes are being followed consistently.
- Support mill employees and management as a subject matter expert on recruiting processes.
- Promote diversity and strong community relations.
- Provide coverage in benefits administration and employee onboarding.
- Additional HR duties as assigned.
This position will appeal to someone who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or an HR Diploma.
- Experience as an HR generalist or recruiter.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to collaborate, negotiate, facilitate and resolve conflicts.
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills and a practical/business oriented approach.
- The ability to build trust and work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues in a confidential manner.
- Working knowledge of employment standards legislation and progressive HR policies and practices.
- Excellent organizational and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience in the Forest Industry and/or in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Completion of, or working towards CHRP designation is an asset.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.