Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits pension plan and relocation package.
Are you ready to discover opportunity with one of North America’s most successful forestry companies? West Fraser believes in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. At West Fraser there are many opportunities to build your career in our company. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their career with us. Discover what you can achieve with West Fraser.
As part of the Woods team based in Smithers, BC you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of an integrated Information System utilizing ArcGIS (Desktop & web GIS), ArcSDE and Oracle database. The position will include analysis for strategic and operational planning projects.
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary GIS program
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS, Geodatabase, ArcSDE, FME
- Understanding of RDBMS principles (esp. Oracle) and SQL
- Familiarity with data management systems such as the Land Resource Manager (LRM) would be an asset
- Some programming skills, in Python or other language
- A clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and management skills
- Forestry education or forest industry background would be an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance & quality control of spatial data in The Land Resource Manager (LRM) for the Woods Department
- Prepare & submit digital data to government, to provided standards
- Work with Woods team on mapping and analytical projects
- Support Woods team with LRM and GIS tasks
- Generate and provide LRM reports for all forestry applications
- Work with other licensees and consultants to ensure data exchange standards are maintained
Smithers is a welcoming, small Northern BC town with stunning vistas in all directions. An abundance of summer activities including fishing, boating, camping and hiking attracts both locals and visiting outdoor enthusiasts. The downtown has an alpine feel which adds to the town’s attraction and charm.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.