West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. The Woodlands Team at our Blue Ridge Lumber division has an opportunity for a highly motivated, professional for the role of:
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager, the GIS Coordinator will take on a key role in strategic and operational forest management planning. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the skills and interests of the successful candidate, but may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance & quality control of spatial data in The Land Resource Manager (LRM) for the Woodlands Department
- Prepare & submit digital data to government, to provided standards
- Work with Woods team on mapping and analytical projects
- Support Woods team with LRM and GIS tasks
- Generate and provide LRM and other reports for all forestry applications
- Work with other licensees and consultants to ensure data exchange standards are maintained
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary GIS program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual.
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Be highly motivated with proven organizational skills.
- Experience using ESRI Products(ArcGIS, Geodatabase, ArcSDE andArcGIS Online), Crystal Reports and FME
- Knowledge of RDMBS, SQL, in particular Oracle database
- Experience with programming in Python and VB
Considered an Asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years or greater of related experience.
- Forestry education or forest industry background.
- Familiarity with data management systems such as the Land Resource Manager (LRM).
At West Fraser, we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, Alberta, and is a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas.
If this position sounds like the career for you, visit www.westfraser.com/jobs and click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.