West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We are currently looking for a motivated:
First Aid Attendant/Security
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, and challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
- All aspects of first aid for 200+ employees at a time
- Perform audiometric testing, respirator fit testing, and custom ear plug fitting as required
- Issue indoctrinations, hot work permits, and vessel entry gas testing as required
- Monitor vehicle traffic entering mill and parking lots
- Front line communication with visitors to the mill
- Other duties as required
- Open work availability for this shift relief position
- WCB First Aid Level III certificate required
- High commitment to safety
- Positive and self-motivated attitude
- Working knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office competency
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
The following would be considered a strong asset:
- Proven first aid skills
- Industrial experience
- Strong leadership ability
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.