West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a joint venture between West Fraser and Mercer International. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Our Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel, BC has an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
Passionate about our environment, Cariboo continuously strives to optimize energy management, reducing our energy consumption, cost and carbon footprint. Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while contributing to an essential field? This position offers advancement potential within the Engineering, Technical, and Production departments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying energy savings opportunities and developing plans to realize these savings
- Tracking and prioritizing energy-saving projects
- Assisting in the preparation of energy budgets
- Completing cost / benefit analysis for energy projects
- Benchmarking and tracking energy usage
- Conducting or arranging energy audits, surveys and measurement/verification
- Managing the collection of in-house and utility meter readings
- Evaluating alternative energy scenarios based on sustainable sources such as biomass
- Monitoring and advising on changing legislation, and regulations
- Keeping current on new technologies with respect to energy efficiency
- Completing quarterly energy management reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Engineering Degree and specific designations such as Certified Energy Manager, or Masters of Engineering in Clean Energy
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience in Combined Heat and Power (CHP) analysis and heat exchanger network analysis would be assets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive salaries, Cariboo offers a generous pension plan, flexible benefits package, opportunities for training, development, and a stable, rewarding career. Cariboo also offers an attractive relocation package.
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a leading producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future. Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.