Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Hinton Wood Products division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will apply their comprehensive knowledge of sawmill maintenance and manufacturing processes to perform a variety of activities. This includes the supervision of electricians, while ensuring the safe and reliable operation of all electrical systems in a sawmill environment.
The ideal candidate will be a certified Journeyman Electrician with industry-related, supervisory experience. The candidate will have a sound history in safety and cost control. Programmable Logic Controllers and experience with variable frequency drives are assets.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Providing leadership for the Electrical department by being a role model in all areas including safety, working relationships, quality and training
- Managing maintenance costs
- Improving preventive maintenance programs
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Professional Electrical Engineer Designation or,
- A Journeyman Electrician Certificate
- Experience in maintenance and a demonstrated passion for electrical systems
- Excellent innovation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership, vision, dedication & ability to mentor a team
- Experience in Forestry, preferred
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.