Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Manning Forest Products division has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
As the senior financial resource on site, you will work with the management group to operate and grow our successful operations and report to the General Manager.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting for the division, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of annual business plan
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Well established organizational & leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Oracle and/ or JD Edwards accounting software, considered a strong asset
- Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located 99 kilometers from Peace River and approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.