West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Fraser Lake Sawmills located in Fraser Lake, BC has an opportunity for an exceptional:
The position is for a contract term, maternity leave, ending June 1, 2020.
As the senior financial resource on site, the successful applicant will work with the mill management group to operate and grow our successful lumber division.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting for the division, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of annual business plan
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the final stages of completion
- Well established organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Forestry industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The communities of Fraser Lake and Vanderhoof offer excellent year round recreational opportunities, great medical and educational facilities. Fraser Lake Sawmills is integral part of the region, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in and around the area.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.