West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Information Technology group in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for a:
Data Center Administrator
As part of West Fraser’s hardware infrastructure team, the Data Center Administrator will be responsible for managing and maintaining the data center environment. The Data Center Administrator will be accountable for provisioning new hardware, the day-to-day health of West Fraser’s data centers as well as ensuring their security through patching, firmware updates and physical access controls. The role will require experience and expertise with regards to both physical and virtual infrastructure.
In this role, you will contribute to West Fraser’s long-term strategic planning, including infrastructure as a service and cloud services migration. Backups and disaster recovery will also be part of your portfolio.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of host computers, storage systems, and Virtualization systems while meeting service levels
- Analyze, diagnosis, and resolve complex datacenter, Application computing problems, and recommend and implement corrective solutions
- Setup, perform, monitor, and troubleshoot system backups and disaster recovery mechanisms
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in system capacity
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Follow industry and product trends, publications and best practices and develop strategies
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Identify and analyze opportunities for migration of physical servers and applications to the cloud.
- Minimum five years of experience in system administration with at least two years involving data centers.
- Must be able to quickly identify the scope and impact of incidents at both the enterprise and divisional levels to determine an appropriate response
- Demonstrable experience with the majority of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Azure, NetApp, TSM, Veeam VMWare, Citrix, Linux
- Experience with HPE equipment
- Highly organized with the ability to deal with unexpected or urgent issues.
- A desire to progress towards strategic leadership and architecture is a plus.
- Previous experience with Azure desirable.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members. Ability to navigate and move equipment around an industrial environment with many obstacles, stairs, and catwalks.
- Will be required to provide support for server related updates, service disruptions and perform scheduled maintenance outside of regular working hours
- Travel requiring a valid driver’s license
- Travel in Canada and the United States of America
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.