West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an opportunity in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for a:
The successful candidate will be responsible for cybersecurity incident handling, triage, response, and investigations. The Cybersecurity Analyst will also perform security threat analysis of malware, phishing and web attacks. Additionally, the Cybersecurity Analyst will work with other team members to contain, remediate, participate in root cause analysis and provide appropriate recommendations. Further, the Cybersecurity Analyst will participate in cross functional and organizational teams that encompass operational technologies at West Fraser with a mandate that will including threat risk analyses and the future development of a cybersecurity framework for manufacturing environments.
- Timely response and triaging of security incidents forwarded from West Fraser’s Customer Service Desk
- Timely response to severe, urgent, and high probability security incidents forwarded from West Fraser’s Managed SOC and SIEM provider for triage with the Incident Response Team
- Timely response to security alerts from other West Fraser security incident systems
- Work closely with other members of the Incident Response Team to triage all security incidents
- Work closely to assist members of the Security & Privacy Response Team to help ensure that security incidents are effectively managed
- Work closely as one of the primary contacts for designated members of West Fraser’s managed SIEM and SOC provider
- Work closely with the major IT department groups on both reactive and proactive security remediation tasks and projects
- Participate in performing and reporting on threat risk assessments for West Frasers IT and Operational Technologies systems as directed
- Participate as directed on West Fraser’s Cybersecurity Steering Committee, by providing status reports, and supporting the establishment of a risk registry for IT and Operational Technologies services and its ongoing maintenance.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be able to work well in an environment that can present rapidly developing and evolving situations requiring reactive remediation or containment strategies
- Must be able to quickly identify the scope and impact of incidents on the organization at both the enterprise and divisional levels in order to determine an appropriate response
- Will have three or more years of enterprise level security work experience as a cybersecurity or security analyst in Microsoft and Linux based environments is highly preferred
- Have exposure to and knowledge of SIEM systems in order to perform investigations is highly preferred
- Have exposure to, or use, of vulnerability and penetration tools, intrusion detection, and other advanced threat analytics is a distinct benefit
- Have strong problem-solving and organisational skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members
- Have a valid driver’s license.
This position will require occasional travel in Canada and to and from the United States of America.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application, including cover letter and resume to www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.