West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Pulp team is seeking an individual with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills for the opportunity of:
This is a unique opportunity for Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering graduates to grow their career working within the West Fraser pulping group. The successful candidate must be mobile and willing to work and live in Quesnel, BC.
West Fraser is seeking an energetic, motivated engineer who exhibits the West Fraser values of Safety, Respect, Teamwork, Humility, Integrity, Frugality, Competitiveness, and a desire to have fun. We are seeking interested candidates for the position of Corporate Reliability Engineer.
This position will provide various engineering and project management services to successfully implement assigned Corporate Reliability projects.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the development and execution of mill reliability programs at each of our pulp facilities
- Implement reliability initiatives through influence and leadership skills across all levels of organization
- Travel to all pulp facilities to share best practices and collaborate with plant engineers and general managers to develop world class reliability programs
- Writing operational/maintenance procedures and guidelines
- Equipment design reviews to maximize reliability and performance
- Develop strategies for extending life of mill assets – Work closely with maintenance and/or production personnel to resolve chronic equipment related issues
- Apply and develop key reliability metrics that focus on continuous improvement targets
- Support operational activities such as equipment assessment and problem solving
- Applying value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Develop and train key personnel within West Fraser to be able to lead and build their own teams with the intent to improve reliability through people.
The successful candidate must have:
- Completion of an Engineering Degree from an accredited institution (IQAS completed for international education)
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
- A passion for reading and writing
- Strong skills in using Microsoft PowerBI and Excel or a keen interest to develop them
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, we also offer an attractive relocation package.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.