West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our head office in Vancouver, BC has an opportunity for a:
As part of the Corporate Accounting group, this role will provide analytic and accounting support on issues impacting the company. We are looking for a self-starter who takes ownership of their work and strives to improve/automate processes and create efficiencies. The successful candidate must have a keen ability to problem solve, communicate and collaborate effectively within in a team, and adapt to new and challenging workloads.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and review of GL data for completeness, accuracy and compliance with corporate accounting policies (including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting working papers),
- Developing and maintaining financial and tax reports,
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and tax returns,
- Detailed financial analysis,
- Being a key resource with regards to adherence to standards and procedures,
- Gaining exposure to various areas of our business operations, logging, sales and other areas,
- Participating in user testing and maintenance for financial business systems,
- Covering absences for accounts payable, vendor maintenance, and accounts receivable.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance,
- Enrolled in CPA PREP or early-stages of CPA PEP
- Individuals with other business experience may be considered,
- Well-established organizational skills,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Detailed and proactive approach to work,
- A high level of motivation and energy,
- Strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required
- Oracle EBS or JDE experience
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company including those that may not reside in Vancouver. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is diversified in both products and geography with lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.