West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the fifth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC is currently seeking a high caliber candidate as a permanent:
As part of the Corporate Accounting group, this role will provide analytic and accounting support on all issues impacting the company.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Developing and maintaining financial reporting across our various segments,
• Detailed financial analysis,
• Testing and maintenance for various financial systems,
• Being a key resource with regards to adherence to standards and procedures,
• Assisting with month end support and best accounting practices for many of our Canadian operations,
• You will play a key role in month end accounting duties and systems development.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A professional accounting designation or be on the path to obtain their designation,
• Individuals with other business experience may be considered,
• Well-established organizational skills,
• Excellent communication skills,
• Detailed and proactive approach to work,
• A high level of motivation and energy,
• Strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
• Forest industry experience is preferred but not required.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is diversified in both products and geography with lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.