West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for individuals interested in a long-term career with us. Slave Lake Pulp, a division of West Fraser Mills is presently accepting applications for the position of:
Strong communication skills and commitment to their own and other’s health and safety are required for this career opportunity.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Grade 12 or GED
- Demonstrated team skills & basic computer knowledge
- Initiative to learn and grow, effective organization and communication skills
- Self-starter with good organizational skills & ability to do things methodically
- Good verbal and written skills
- Mechanical aptitude & initiative for problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail & quality control
- A 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or willing to work towards one would be an asset
- A valid driver’s license
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- This position is 12 hours rotating day shifts, Monday to Friday
- Ensuring safe work practices and procedures are followed
- Equipment operation including forklifts
- Perform routine checks and basic maintenance on equipment
- Housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Rail & truck chemical unloading (relief basis)
- Physical requirements include climbing stairs/ladders & some lifting up to 25Kg
- Other duties as assigned
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a long-term career and future growth opportunities within the company. Slave Lake Pulp is a 240,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture.
Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great ice fishing in the winter and swimming in the summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.