Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Chetwynd Forest Industries Division is currently seeking a highly motivated:
The Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process.
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders.
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Verify and document repairs made.
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE.
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A Red Seal Certificate
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Has experience with the various automated operations and systems in modern interior saw and planer mills
- Is a highly motivated journeyman who has demonstrated an ability to apply trade skills and knowledge safely and effectively
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule to work days, nights and/or weekend shifts
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill
- A welding certificate
Chetwynd is a growing, family-friendly community located on the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains and offers excellent year round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Chetwynd area. To learn more visit: http://www.gochetwynd.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.