Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser is currently seeking a high caliber candidate for a Business Projects Lead at our Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC.
As part of the Corporate Accounting group, this role will gain a wide breadth of knowledge and experience across our operations, accounting and business policies and practices as well as exposure to 3rd party stakeholders.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading sections of the US Trade File investigation including, gathering, summarizing and presenting of data as well as being the point of contact with the lawyers and other 3rd party experts
- Working closely with senior Finance team to help with preparation and reconciliation of other key data with regards to the US Trade File investigation
- Gaining exposure to project planning and management
- Developing an executive presence and exposure to senior management team
- Providing strategic ideas and future development for financial improvement for business processes and systems
- Developing a detailed understanding of our entire business from operating practices to sales accounting to legal entities
- Assignment of future projects as they are identified and developed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation,
- Individuals with other business experience may be considered,
- Well-established organizational skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Detailed and proactive approach to work,
- Creative problem-solving skills,
- A high level of motivation and energy,
- Strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, with annual sales of $4 billion dollars. West Fraser is diversified in both products and geography. The company has lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.