West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an opportunity in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for an:
The successful candidate will support the Company’s core business applications and ensure that they effectively meet the needs of our user community.
- Work with IT staff, application users and key stakeholders to ensure reliable and efficient operation of business systems
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of requirements and specifications
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and developers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications
- Assist in defining project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs
- Assist in the development and maintenance user manuals and guidelines
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and so on
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Work well under deadlines and pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Oracle/SQL Server databases & tools, EDI, SOA, PL/SQL, .NET, Powerbuilder, OBIEE, Office 365 including Exchange, Skype, and SharePoint
- Experience using code repositories such as SVN
- Experience with business software applications, especially one or more of Oracle e-Business Suite, Oracle JDE, Oracle OTM, IBM Maximo, UltiPro, Worksight, 3Log LIMS, Trimble LRM and Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Exposure to Forest Products Industry
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds interesting to you, apply online today.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.