West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Corporate Head Office located downtown Vancouver, BC has an opening for an:
Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
The Vancouver Finance department is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist to join our team. As an important part of the team, the AP/AR Specialist will support the daily activities of both accounts payable and receivable. The successful candidate must be able to process large amounts of data with speed and accuracy, adapt to changing workloads, and collaborate effectively as part of a team.
Accounts Receivable – Cash Application:
- Post daily receipts in AR (cheques, EFT, ACH, wires, lockboxes)
- Prepare daily and monthly cash reconciliations
- Monitor accounts receivable GL accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Process invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure invoices, cheque requests, and employee expense claims are properly supported, coded and approved
- Maintain and update centralized vendor records
- Organize and maintain electronic and physical records
- Prepare and post journal entries and complete other month-end close activities
- Participate in system testing as related to AP and AR
- Provide occasional coverage for reception
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-2 years related experience
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
- Well-developed data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Accounting diploma or certificate considered an asset
- Previous JD Edwards or Oracle EBS experience also considered an asset
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. Is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America. West Fraser has diversified products such as lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, and pulp operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Our office is located in the heart of Vancouver on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your resume and cover letter in confidence on our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.