Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Edson Sawmill located in Edson, Alberta has an immediate opening for a:
3rd Class Chief Power Engineer
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to a shift crew
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the Thermal Plant
- Work towards achieving operating targets
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the sawmill
- Supervising operation of a wide variety of equipment including efficient Kiln Operation
- Effective fuel management
- Organizing and supervising shutdowns
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 3rd class Power engineering certificate
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Edson is located 2 hours west of Edmonton and 2 hours east of Jasper National Park. Edson is a growing community of approximately 9,000 permanent residents and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. People from Edson enjoy outdoor hockey, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross country skiing, curling, kayaking, golfing and various outdoor and indoor activities. With a friendly "small town" atmosphere and some great recreational and cultural facilities, once you get a taste of living in Edson you'll be hooked.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.