West Fraser is a leading forest products company in Canada. Our goals are simple – leadership through profits, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, strength in products. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to in an environment where they can build their career. We take pride in what we do and our employees have grown right along with us. If you are looking for a company and colleagues that thrive on growth, challenge and opportunity, discover what you can achieve with West Fraser. Our Quesnel Plywood Division has an opportunity for a highly motivated:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, our 2nd Class Power Engineer will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the power plant and related auxiliary equipment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring all safety requirements are met or exceeded
- Ensuring consistent operations of the Steam plant
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Directing a shift crew
- Operating a wide variety of equipment including:
- Power/package boiler
- Air compressor
- Sprinkler systems
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A 2nd class power engineering certificate for the province of British Columbia
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
- Several years of experience as a power engineer with increasing responsibility
- Experience with Hog and Gas firing, boiler room operation/administration
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. Wages, pension, and benefits will be as per the Steel Workers Collective Agreement. Safety is one of West Fraser’s core values and our employees can expect a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn't take long to feel part of Quesnel's welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.