Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the role of:
Temporary Project Engineer
(12 Month Contract)
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance and opportunities for the future in a green and sustainable industry? We’re looking to build our high-performing team with passionate people seeking interesting work in a dynamic environment!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future.
This position reports to the Engineering Superintendent and will be involved in the planning and execution of several major capital projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management of capital projects, including construction management and contractor coordination
- Design review to maximize reliability and performance
- Responsible for the safe and efficient installation of equipment
- Acting as mill representative with design engineering firms and equipment suppliers
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering and eligibility for registration with APEGBC as a EIT or PEng
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to learn and succeed
- Pulp mill or heavy industry experience is an asset
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.