West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years in a row. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an immediate opening in Quesnel, BC for a:
The successful candidate should be a dynamic, hard-working individual with strong initiative and thrives in a team based environment. As part of the Infrastructure team, you would be involved in the development and support of the Company’s enterprise class IT infrastructure.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of host computers, storage systems, and personal systems while meeting service levels
- Manage and administer all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software
- Analyze, diagnosis, and resolve complex end user computing problems, and recommend and implement corrective solutions
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required
- Setup, perform, monitor, and troubleshoot system backups and disaster recovery mechanisms
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in system capacity
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Follow industry and product trends, publications and best practices and develop strategies
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or equivalent experience
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience with enterprise deployments of a full range of end user devices across both business and manufacturing use cases
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft System Center, specifically Configuration Manager and Service Manager
- Strong technical knowledge of end user devices and platforms: tablets, notebooks, mobile devices, desktops, and ruggedized devices for manufacturing and field operations
- Working experience with Microsoft Intune for mobile device management, and the full Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS)
- Broad knowledge in many of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Server (2012/2016), Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policies, Microsoft System Center (Service Manager, Orchestrator, Operations Manager), VMWare, Citrix, Certificates, and PowerShell
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Work well under deadlines and pressure
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members. Ability to navigate and move equipment around an industrial environment with many obstacles, stairs, and catwalks. Safety is a core value, so individuals must remain alert and aware of their surroundings at all times
- Ability to periodically travel, including to the United States.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence at www.westfraser.com/jobs