West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers two years in a row. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an immediate opening in Quesnel, BC for a:
The successful candidate should be a dynamic, hard-working individual with strong initiative and thrives in a team based environment. As part of the Infrastructure team, you would be involved in the development and support of the Company’s enterprise class IT infrastructure.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of host computers, storage systems, and personal systems while meeting service levels
- Manage and administer all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software
- Analyze, diagnosis, and resolve complex end user computing problems, and recommend and implement corrective solutions
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required
- Setup, perform, monitor, and troubleshoot system backups and disaster recovery mechanisms
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in system capacity
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the administration, configuration and support of enterprise–class servers, storage infrastructure, and devices
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Work well under deadlines and pressure
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members
- Broad knowledge in many of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012), Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Group Policies, Microsoft System Center, VMWare, Citrix, Symantec End Point Protection, DFS Services, Certificates, WSUS, PowerShell, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite, RADIUS, LDAP, Linux
- Experience with mobile platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows
- Ability to navigate and move equipment around an industrial environment with many obstacles, stairs, and catwalks. Safety is a core value, so individuals must remain alert and aware of their surroundings at all times
- Ability to periodically travel, including to the United States
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence by Friday March 10, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.