Cariboo Pulp & Paper has an immediate opening for a motivated individual in the role of:
Stores Counter Attendant
This position will work in our mill stores department to issue stores material and maintain stores inventory. The arrangement of working hours is 9 hour shifts Monday to Thursday and an 8 hour shift on Friday with every second Friday off.
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, and challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Cariboo offers a stable, rewarding career.
- Issues stores material as required, including inventory project, work order and direct charge items
- Replenish stocks in "free issue" bins
- Takes perpetual inventory counts
- Relieves outside stores person & receiver, when necessary
- Assists receiver in loading & unloading trucks
- Assists receiver in unpacking and checking quantity and condition of incoming material
- Puts received material away in assigned storage bins or racks
- Checks for and reports any discrepancies between material being put away and the balance of stock on hand
- Provides tagging or marking of received material where required
- Assists with departmental housekeeping
- Operates forklift truck as required, to perform above duties
- Watches for and eliminates safety hazards relating to material storage and material handling
- Other duties as assigned by the Stores Supervisor
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Desire to learn, grow and succeed
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- A background in stores or parts warehousing with inventory experience
The following will be considered strong assets:
- Experience working in an industrial computerized environment
- Experience with inventory management systems, including Maximo
- Mobile equipment experience
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.