West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Recognized as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We were recently named for the fourth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employer for Recent Graduates for 2017. Our High Prairie Forest Products division, in High Prairie Alberta has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, professional to fill the role of:
Reporting to the Planer Superintendent or Sawmill Superintendent, the Shift Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of safety, quality & production for their shift.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring consistent mill operations and achieving operating target goals
- To take full responsibility of the shift including scheduling, directing work during both up and down time, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting employees
- Maintain good morale amongst employees and foster good management/employee relations
- Ensure that Health and Safety is maintained as a priority, leading by example, ensure all team members follow policies, procedures and WBC regulations
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Flexible availability to work a variety of shifts
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Computer skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and our successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive wages, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
High Prairie is located in Central Alberta, and is a three hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the High Prairie area.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, and cover letter in confidence by September 17th, 2017. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.