Sawfiler Level 2
West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 15 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position is located in Huttig, AR.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in knife, band saws, and gang saw changes
- Work with babbit and mill guides properly using knife usability knowledge
- Able to maintain saw guides
- Troubleshoot knife, gang, band saws, and guide problems
- Sharpen, repair and maintain circular saws, band saws, and knives properly
- Must be able to operate and understand precision measuring and grinding equipment
- Required skills and experience include:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts
- Have 3 years of work experience as a band saw filer
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401-k savings plans, and vacation.
If you are interested in the opportunity to participate in an environment where innovation and a personal commitment to safety, quality and the environment count, respond to www.westfraser.com/jobs
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
West Fraser, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D