West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The position is located in McDavid, Florida. The successful candidate must be competent and qualified to assist the sawmill operations in obtaining cost effective, quality parts and supplies. The candidate will work closing with the mill’s management to ensure the proper and timely inventory supply along with meeting and exceeding the mill’s operating goals and cost budget.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Receive, store & issue parts and materials to mill personnel
- Purchase all maintenance, repair and operating supplies and services in a timely manner
- Research and gather required information and write up descriptions for entering new items into inventory
- Enter MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) and cycle counts into Oracle system
- Meet or exceed key performance measures
- Negotiate, manage and monitor supplies contracts
- Develop and maintain long term vendor relationships
- Assure purchasing policies and compliance is followed
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines
- Maintain a clean and orderly storeroom
Required skills and experience include:
- A minimum of two (2) years purchasing experience is preferably with a wood products company or at a lumber manufacturing business
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, decision-making and organizational skills
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
Internal Candidates: We encourage you to apply using UltiPro's online application. Please login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)