West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and is one of Canada’s top 10 employers. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Quesnel River Pulp (QRP) division in Quesnel, BC, has an immediate opening for a:
PROJECT ENGINEER (Contract-12 months)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for delivering capital and major maintenance projects in support of safe, efficient, and reliable production. In addition, the Project Engineer will support the Production, Technical, and Maintenance Departments in troubleshooting of equipment and operations.
Upcoming capital projects include: a major energy reduction initiative, upgrades to the mill’s high voltage electrical power distribution and metering system, and installation of new high-efficiency refiner motors.
- Develops detailed scope of work, budget, schedule
- Assists with project construction, commissioning and handover.
- Provides backup leadership / supervision for the Project Manager
- Consults with supervisors, tradespeople, operators, and purchasers
- Solicits contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Prepares detailed job plans
- Conducts engineering reviews of project plans, drawings, materials and installations
- Supervises trades and contractors for safety and quality
- Act as point of contact / liaison, provide technical support for consulting engineers, contractors, suppliers, external agencies
- Handles a wide range of verbal, written and presentation communication including progress report writing, presentations on project status to peers, department managers and mill employees.
- Provide auxiliary support to mill for shutdowns, safety projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with preference for electrical or mechanical disciplines
- Eligible for registration with APEGBC
- Experience working in industrial environments, 3-5 years preferred
- Safety first attitude; previous health and safety training would be an asset.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and leadership / supervisory skills including planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of work activities to achieve project objectives.
- Project management experience, minimum 2-3 years; PMP designation is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office, AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Maximo, SAP or other enterprise software a definite asset.
- As a member of engineering group, intern will be expected to model / lead safety behavior, be positive and supportive of company goals and objectives, and value diversity.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
Quesnel River Pulp operates a high yield thermo-mechanical pulping (BCTMP) process, producing 1100 tons/day of pulp. We take pride in our safety record, our state of the art effluent treatment system, and our global reputation for quality. Through our Product Development group we are constantly striving to remain an industry leader.
Located in central B.C., Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community!
To explore this exciting opportunity with us, submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 31, 2017.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.