West Fraser is a leading forest products company in Canada. Our goals are simple – leadership through profits, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, strength in products. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the fourth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates in 2017. We believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to in an environment where they can build their career. We take pride in what we do and our employees have grown right along with us. If you are looking for a company and colleagues that thrive on growth, challenge and opportunity, discover what you can achieve with West Fraser. We have an immediate opening at our Quesnel River Pulp division for a:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Coordinator organizes and coordinates the operation of the mill with the objective of ensuring safe, reliable and efficient production and timely maintenance of facilities.
- Complete safety observations on employees & contractors, and maintains a safety work order backlog in Maximo.
- Works closely with the Technical Department to ensure final pulp quality meets all customer requirements. Participate in problem solving efforts if quality problems arise.
- Works closely with the environmental coordinator to ensure the effluent treatment plant is properly operated and maintained, and all regulatory obligations are being met.
- Has regular communication with the Shift Supervisor on safety, quality, environment, production rates, and maintenance activities. Maintains a daily memo to aid in communication after hours and on weekends.
- Scrutinizes operating records, reviewing log sheets, log books, reports, DCS and PI system data to ensure that target operating conditions and standards are being met.
- Tours the mill on a daily basis looking at housekeeping, reliability concerns, and general plant operation.
- Chairs a daily and weekly planning meeting with operations, maintenance, and engineering to coordinate grade runs and maintenance activity.
- Approves all work orders and service requests and sets priorities within Maximo
- Provides the maintenance department with direction and sets priorities for the weekly worklist, and schedules equipment outages accordingly.
- Determines future shutdown dates (with Shipping Coordinator and Sales) - reviews work lists - prepares shutdown / start up timing - ensures lockouts are prepared, and tours mill on shutdown days to ensure target start up is met
- Participates in the development of projects to improve all aspects of the operation through new technology and new methods. Attends seminars, reads technical reports, and communicates with others in the industry including consultants and suppliers.
- Preference will be given to those with post-secondary education (ex. bachelor’s degree, trades certification or relevant qualification) and/or experience with industrial processes.
- Leader, Communicator and Facilitator – builds trust and confidence, sets standards and holds people accountable, is able to motivate people, and drives for continuous improvement.
- Highly Organized – keeps track of all work (weekly planning and shutdown items) and maintains a system to execute work efficiently when there is a breakdown or a shutdown. Has the ability to anticipate, adapt, and react quickly.
- Budgeting and Cost Forecasting - ability to develop long-range plans, acquire necessary resources, and follow up to ensure completion
- Mechanical Aptitude – ability to identify problems with equipment, understands severity of the problem, and how long to repair for planning
- Process & Problem Solving – understands mechanical pulp process or has the ability to learn it quickly. Needs to be able to troubleshoot process related problems, and ensure the maximum sustainable operating rate is being achieved. Has the ability to teach these skills to operators, supervisors, and others
- Computer Proficient – must be able to work at a high level within Word, Excel, Maximo, ParcView, Delta V
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent flexible benefits and an outstanding pension plan. Relocation assistance is also available.
Quesnel River Pulp, using a high yield mechanical pulping process, produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp. We take pride in our safety record, our state of the art effluent treatment system, the quality of our final product, and the cleanliness of our mill. We constantly strive to be an industry leader.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn't take long to feel part of Quesnel's welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2017.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.