Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel, BC has an immediate opening for the growing and dynamic role of:
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Key responsibilities include:
- Process monitoring in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Defining and evaluation of process deficiencies by working closely with other technical and operating personnel (troubleshooting).
- Keeps track of the production issues and process efficiencies in areas of responsibility.
- Develops and implements solutions to problems.
- Documents findings and recommendations, continues the project through its completion, start-up and post start-up evaluation.
- Increase the process cost savings through troubleshooting and implementing new, feasible technologies.
- A contact person for, and to deal with, several chemical suppliers on a regular basis (e.g. enzymes).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and eligibility for registration with APEGBC as a EIT or Peng
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence to: email@example.com by Aug 9, 2015.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.