West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the exciting position of:
Reporting to the Technical & Engineer Manager, this position is responsible for providing process engineering and control service for an area team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor and react to area KPI’s
- Track and report area downtime and production losses
- Establish and implement area best practices
- Troubleshoot process control issues and make recommendations
- Perform safety audits on site
- Attend and participate in departmental safety meetings
- Assist supervisors in annual goal setting and quarterly reviews
The successful candidate must have:
- Completion of a Chemical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution (IQAS completed for international education); other disciplines may be considered
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Have good problem-solving and project management skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
- Previous experience in pulp and paper or other manufacturing industries is considered an asset
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.