Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the growing and dynamic role of:
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Key responsibilities include:
- Process monitoring in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Defining and evaluation of process deficiencies by working closely with other technical and operating personnel (troubleshooting).
- Keeping track of the production issues and process efficiencies in areas of responsibility.
- Developing and implementing solutions to problems.
- Developing technical and financial analysis documents for executive approval on large projects.
- Acting as technical resource on large projects, including documenting findings and recommendations in a post completion audit.
- Increasing the process cost savings through troubleshooting and implementing new feasible technologies.
- Acting as process expert on teams formed to investigate root cause analysis of significant mill issues.
- Acting as liaison for chemical suppliers on a regular basis.
- Working with research facilities, consultants and mill laboratory personnel to develop test programs to investigate mill issues.
- Acting as company representative and contract manager for contract cleaning companies during annual mill outages.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and eligibility for registration with APEGBC as an EIT or P.Eng.
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.