Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We have openings in various locations for:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this role will gain exposure to the full cycle of accounting and all matters impacting the financial team on site. This is an exciting opportunity for recent graduates. West Fraser believes in promoting from within. Our ultimate goal is to promote the selected candidate to Divisional Controller in one of our Canadian Operations as opportunities arise.
- Preparation and processing of various month end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Involvement as a key member of the management team on site
- Coordination and compilation of annual business plan
- Assisting mill management in department cost control, cost/benefit analysis and providing financial information and recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the CPA program or be a university graduate
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
We are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.