From an early entrepreneurial spark, West Fraser has grown to more than 8,000 employees at 40 operations throughout western Canada and the southern United States. Recognized as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We were recently named, for the fourth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates in 2017. Our Sawmill Division in Quesnel, BC, has an immediate opening for a high caliber:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this role will gain exposure to the full cycle of accounting and all matters impacting the financial team on site. This is an exciting opportunity with the ultimate goal of promoting the selected candidate to Divisional Controller in one of our Canadian Operations as opportunities arise.
- Preparation and processing of various month end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Involvement as a key member of the management team on site
- Coordination and compilation of annual business plan
- Assisting mill management in department cost control, cost/benefit analysis and providing financial information and recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the CPA program
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence at www.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.