West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our goals are straightforward- leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
OPERATIONS MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR (OMC) DIGESTER / RECAUST
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all key performance areas for the department including safety, environment, quality, production and costs.
- Maximizing mill production to meet customer demands while maintaining high standards for equipment reliability.
- Managing, coordinating, prioritizing and scheduling the ongoing maintenance of all equipment in the Digester / Recaust area to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Working directly with other departments to ensure the mill is optimized.
The successful candidate must:
- Have 5 – 10 years of direct operational experience in a Kraft Pulp Mill; preference
- will be given to candidates with Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be highly organized with superior analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Possess a desire to progress, learn and succeed.
- Have Supervisory experience in an industrial setting. Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in pulp mill operations; other industrial experience will be considered.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our Company. Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career with competitive wages, an attractive benefits package, a defined pension plan, and relocation assistance.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV trails. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through to post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
To explore these exciting opportunities submit your resume in confidence to Human Resources, Hinton Pulp, a Division of West Fraser Mills Ltd. via fax to (780) 865-8504; via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.