Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
The incumbent will work closely with mill personnel, providing direction, support and training in order to develop and implement initiatives and maintain a robust safety program. This Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator will require a high degree of professionalism and leadership is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a safety resource to the mill management and workforce.
- Develop and implement safety programs and systems.
- Monitor the safety program and systems and make recommendations for changes.
- Monitor legislative changes to the Act, Regulations and Code, reporting and making changes as required.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the First Aid/Security department as well as the Fire Crew.
- Develop and provide recommendation on short and long term safety management objectives.
- Manage the Worksafe BC claims management process.
- Be a liaison between Government OH&S officers and other government agencies.
- Be the prime contact during inspections including external and internal safety audits.
- Provide leadership in the management of incident investigations, reporting and tracking.
- Be proactive, maintain a positive presence. Must be well-organized, able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic.
- Health and Safety Certificate or post-secondary degree in Occupational Health & Safety Management.
- Work experience in an industrial environment would be an asset.
- Auditor training and Incident Investigation training would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants short listed will be contacted.