West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The position is located at the Whitehouse, Florida sawmill operation.
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have minimum 3 years verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must have cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must successfully complete a skills assessment, pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check and background check
West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401-k savings plans, and vacation.
Physical location: 109 Halsema Road, S., Jacksonville, Florida 32220
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D