West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company and listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fourth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2017, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Hinton Wood Products, a division of West Fraser, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of:
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Superintendent in this weekend shift role, the successful candidate will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies. This is the ideal schedule for an individual looking for full time hours in a compressed work week with three, twelve hour shifts per week.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up and repair of equipment and machinery
- Work in manlifts with the use of fall protection equipment
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Remove, grind and install knives
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work weekend shifts
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Able to work in a group as a team player
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill
- A welding certificate
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We are committed to environmental excellence, workplace safety and sustaining operating leadership through profitability and continued investments.
Hinton is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking and fishing. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton: www.town.hinton.ab.ca
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.