West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
This position is a mid-to-advanced level position in the Maintenance Department which is responsible for planning, scheduling and supervising the execution of Maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the kraft pulping process. This position reports to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the maintenance backlog
- Creating detailed job plans
- Leading a maintenance crew safely and effectively
- Managing maintenance costs
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Implementing the Precision Maintenance Program
- Ensuring quality workmanship
- Managing housekeeping related to maintenance activities
The successful candidate must:
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in Mechanical Engineering OR a valid Journeyman trade certificate
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulpmill or heavy industrial setting is required
- 3 or more years supervisory experience
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem solving skills are essential
- Sound knowledge of computer software and applications is preferred
- Have good organizational and project management skills
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Application deadline is 11:59pm MST on March 31, 2017. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.