West Fraser, Inc. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. Today, the company carries on its operations through subsidiary companies and joint ventures owned directly or indirectly by the company’s principal operating subsidiary West Fraser Mills. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 15 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position is located at the McDavid, Florida, sawmill operation. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for first line supervision for the millwrights who maintain the equipment within the manufacturing facility. Assists in establishing methods, controls and standards for the actual execution of maintenance work. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Superintendent.
Required skills and experience include:
- Broad maintenance experience in a sawmill environment
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Awareness of quality control practices
- Team building and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Leadership qualities
- Relocation is negotiable
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, and background check
- West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, pension plan, and 401-k savings plans.
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D