Maintenance Supervisor – Night/3rd Shift (10PM – 7:30AM)
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The successful candidate will lead and manage the maintenance staff in the sawmill operations. The candidate must be competent and qualified to oversee the maintenance, manage safety procedures and to build an effective team.
Required skills and experience include:
- Broad maintenance experience with experience in the sawmill environment
- Understand the value of a solid Preventive Maintenance program
- Understand the relationship between value added work and wrench time
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Awareness of quality control practices
- Team building and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Leadership qualities
- Manage and oversee parts and maintenance programs and inventory
- Math and reading comprehension skills
- Two or Four year college degree preferred
- Maintain and improve reliability procedures
- Relocation is negotiable
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
Email your resume to email@example.com
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)