Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business?
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the role of:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled jobs into daily schedules according to manpower, materials, tools and equipment
- Direct maintenance personnel as required in carrying out assigned work in a safe and efficient manner with respect to completion, productivity, quality and housekeeping
- Estimate work orders for material, manpower, tool and equipment requirement
- Conduct meetings for safety, labour relations, training and accident investigations
- Is responsible for cost control of estimated work orders for tradesman material usage
- Is responsible for subordinates working in a safe manner and ensure they follow mill and regulator policies
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree in mechanical engineering OR a valid journeyman trade certificate
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development and advancement, as well as the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.