Recognized as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We were recently named, for the fourth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates in 2017. Our Quesnel River Pulp, technical department based in Quesnel BC, has an immediate opening for a high caliber:
As a Quesnel River Pulp Lab Technologist, you will be required to conduct testing for process evaluation studies and to monitor pulp quality. You will work closely with process engineers and production operators to ensure that our final product meets the customer’s quality requirements. You will be required to calibrate and help maintain test equipment. The successful candidate will be required over time to develop competencies that allow them to provide coverage in other areas of the technical department.
The successful candidate is required to work different shift schedules as assigned including nights and weekends.
- A strong commitment to safety
- An aptitude for precision, accuracy analyzing and reporting results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including, technical or
- procedural writing
- A minimum of a Technologist Diploma or a post-secondary Science Degree
- however; applicants with demonstrated laboratory experience will be considered
- Strong computer skills, including a familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- The ability to analyze data using statistical methodology will be considered an asset
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30, 2017.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.