West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint in Canada and the United States. The company has 15 lumber-producing locations throughout the U.S. South. This position is located at West Fraser’s corporate headquarters in Germantown, Tennessee.
The position is located at the Henderson, Texas sawmill operation. The Junior Accountant will work closely with location management plus the corporate accounting group. The position reports to the Controller.
• Prepare journal entries
• General ledger operations
• Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
• Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
• Assist with payroll administration
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Planning and organizing skills
• Scheduling and monitoring skills
• Communication skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Works well in a team
• Highly motivated
• Maintains confidentiality
• MS Office skills
Other requirements include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related subject
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of finance principles and reporting
• Technical accounting skills
• Previous experience of general accounting
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401-k savings plans, and vacation.
P.O. Box 460
Henderson, Texas 75653
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D