Are you an experienced Journeyperson Millwright looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We are currently looking for a motivated:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, and perform maintenance work on machinery
- Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or BC Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Heavy industry experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Flexible availability in order to work day, evening and weekend shifts
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Cariboo offers a stable, rewarding career. Cariboo also offers an attractive relocation package.
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp and Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12th, 2017.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.