West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and is one of Canada’s top 10 employers. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Corporate Information Technology & Woodlands team located in Quesnel, BC has an immediate opening for a:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS COORDINATOR,
Purpose of the position:
Based in the community of Quesnel, this individual will provide leadership and support in delivering technology and information solutions that enhance productivity, lower costs, and improve information delivery for our Woodlands operations. By identifying improvement opportunities in woodlands systems and focusing on developing solutions, the Company expects to maximize value from existing systems and ensuring that they continue to meet our needs over time. This person will work closely with Information Technology and Woodlands staff to define and implement effective technology solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing continuous system improvement by monitoring and evaluating current practices and then designing and implementing enhancements that lower costs and extract the most value from existing technology and systems.
- Playing a key role in business process and systems development for Woodlands groups by studying business functions, gathering information, developing business & technical specifications, and evaluating reporting requirements.
- Developing system use and data standards that enable common processes, reports, and skill development.
- Researching and evaluating new or upgraded technology solutions and working closely with the IT Department to ensure suitability, standards & security compliance, and supportability.
- Encouraging innovation, identifying opportunities, and sharing of best practices to improve productivity and data quality for our Woodlands groups.
- Ensuring systems are used in an efficient and consistent manner through user support, documentation and training.
- Travelling to forestry operations will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong understanding of information technology systems and an interest in the practical application of enabling technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in promoting process improvement.
- Forest sector data analysis expertise in various jurisdictions.
- Strong understanding of geographic information systems (GIS).
- Experience using querying language tools, scripting languages, and ESRI tools.
- Exposure to The Forest Manager (TFM) from Cengea.
- Well established organizational skills and excellent communication skills.
- Forest industry experience.
- A strategic thinker with extensive knowledge of business issues and processes.
- Ability to work independently and capable of managing fairly complex projects.
- A detailed and proactive approach to work.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by emailing your resume and cover letter by March 21, 2014 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.